The idea of the Argyll Convention originated in the APC Kirk Session and was established under the work of a number of churches in Oban and the surrounding area.
It is now a non-denominational body, and its aims are:
- to promote Biblical teaching
- to present the challenge of the gospel in the teaching of Jesus Christ
- to encourage Christians to adhere to the whole counsel of God as revealed in the Bible
- to emphasise God’s call to practical obedience to his Word including missionary responsibility
- to assist people in developing a greater understanding of the Christian faith and heritage including its local context
It was launched in 2013 and hosts a gathering annually.